extended desktop??!

Discussion in 'Software' started by pomx72, Nov 15, 2006.

1. pomx72

pomx72 Private E-2

I was at my friends house and he has a monitor connected to his pc. He can scroll from screen to screen. I connected another monitor to my laptop and i see duplicate to what is on my laptop screen. I read around to see if i could do that on my laptop. Iv come to the conclusion that i need to have a pc in order to do it. I dont know much about computers. I was hoping maybe you guys know a way for me to osmehow be able to do it? sorry this is a repeat but no one is answering in hardware

2. nitecrawler

nitecrawler Guest

Hi pomx72,

It is not a good idea to post the same thread in another forum, just because no one has answered.
    This makes the moderators understandably upset and as your question is hardware related, this is the forum it should stay.
    You are a new member and maybe you were a bit unsure of this, so no major harm done but at least you know for now for your future enquiries.

Be patient, and help will come!

Regards....

3. pomx72

pomx72 Private E-2

Okay, Yeah sorry about that. Iv been looking for a way to do it all day. So there isnt anyway to do it without spending money? What hardware do you recommend ?

4. AlasKen

AlasKen Private E-2

I am not sure what laptop you are using but the way I set up extended desktop was as follows. Your Results May Vary

On my desktop I Right Click in a blanks area
    I see a menu that lists, among other things "Graphics Options" which I mouse over and see "Output to" which when mousing over leads to the menu item "Extended Desktop" which I select.

I use extended desktop with my Latitude X1 for 8 hours a day 5 days a week.

You can also get there from Display Properties, Settings but it doesn't seem to be as easy. That is where you want to go to set up how you mouse moves from one display screen to the next.

Hope this helps.

5. pomx72

pomx72 Private E-2

I have a compaq presario 2700 from like 5 years ago

6. AlasKen

AlasKen Private E-2

I am not sure if it supports extended desktop. I co-workers 4 year old Dell laptop did not.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds