double click opens multiple windows

Discussion in 'Software' started by matt8911, Mar 28, 2010.

1. matt8911

matt8911 Private E-2

Hi Guys I have an unusual problem with my mouse or windows XP. I was sorting folders and using my mouse quite a bit to open and close folders. Well at about 6pm the double clicking started opening multiple icons on the desktop. if I went to the control panel and double click then all windows will open in panel you know. Another thing is my numbers will not work only the !@#$% characters (wierd huh) I have a suspicion its the mouse but why numbers not working? I have some screen shots too of weird things that happened before the event. Maybe I am infected with a virus?
    System specs
    mobo GA-EP45-DS3R revison 1.0 BIOS is lastest F11e
    Win XP SP3 installed on a seagate 80 GB SATA1 drive
    WD 160 hard drive acting as a page file too this drive has been back to factory and was recertified and sent back to me.
    Muskin model #996599 4 GB (2x2GB) PC2 8500
    power supply is antec TP3-650 650 watt
    CPU is Intel core2 duo E8400 LGA775
    Video BFG 8800 GTS OC edition
    HP DVD 1160d DVD burner
    other infor avail upon request...
    thanks in advance
    Matt

Last edited: Mar 28, 2010
  2. matt8911

matt8911 Private E-2

Here are some pics of the event....Recapping the event I was doubleclicking and then I felt the mouse move to right (slide you know) and then boom multiple windows. The pix that has the errant blue line was before the event. The Event viewer has some info also lets upload that too. See you tomorrow..Thanks..

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 28, 2010
  3. matt8911

matt8911 Private E-2

well 1I replaced the mouse to fix this issue but now I 1Have these 1Nagging 1Ones 1That 1Pop 1Up every1Where 1I use The 1Shift 1Key.
    1Please help1Me 1Help1Help 1Help 1AAAArGG 1Darn 1You 1Ones 1Go 1Awa1Y1!!!!!!! 1!!!!!1@@@@@ 1##### 1%%%%% ^^^^^1&&&&1**** 1*** 1((( ))) 1))) 1___ 1+++ 1}||||| 1||| 1~~~~~ 1WWWW 1EEE 1TTT 1UUU 1OOO 1PPP 1AAA 1SSS ddd 1GGG 1JJJ LLL LLL 1LLL 1LLL 1KKK 1HHH 1FFF 1GGG 1<<< >>> 1??? 1BBB
    heeeellllp
    1I can delete them
    Matt8911 out

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

If my keyboard was doing that, I wouldn't waste time, I'd swap out the keyboard. One of the first troubleshooting steps is trying to figure out if it is hardware (keyboard) or software (windows/driver/addon/program glitch).

5. matt8911

matt8911 Private E-2

Hey thanks for your quick reply I just thought there was a quick setting that I could change that will stop them 1's from appearing. I did spill water on near keyboard, maybe thats it?
    Matt8911

6. matt8911

matt8911 Private E-2

Reporting back with more info on mouse issue. I replaced the keyboard and got some success, but then I noticed other issues with the mouse and then sound and then mouse again.
    Something is really nuts on this board, I bought a Razer Lycosa keyboard for gaming and updated the driver to the next higher version. I know I should have the latest but I was testing it for usability due to the popularity of this driver. Everything was peachy till I was showing it to my girlfriend and then later my mouse started acting up, so I read the troubleshooter and it said to uninstall and reinstall driver. I may have changed some insignificant BIOS settings ( I have several BIOS saves so this is not the problem). After rebooting, I got a blue screen error with this code....Stop:0x0000007B (0xF789E524, 0xc0000034 0x00000000 0x00000000)
    I tried everthing to get back to windows with no success. I tried reversing BIOS setting and reloading optimized defaults, then loading a BIOS save too no luck. Changed boot order to hard drive first, no joy. Safe mode not available, blue screen each and every time.
    Any other ideas?

7. g1lgam3sh

g1lgam3sh MajorGeek

8. g1lgam3sh

g1lgam3sh MajorGeek

The name of your error code is INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

Based on the information that you provided (no new hardware added and
    no drivers updated) the two most likely causes for your problem are:

1. The hard drive is failing or has failed.

2. The data on the hard drive has become corrupted.

Go to the hard drive manufacturer's web site and download their free
    diagnostic software and run that to check out the drive. The
    download will normally create a bootable CD or diskette that you can
    use to start the problem machine with.

If the drive passes the factory diagnostics then you can attempt to
    repair the damage by running CHKDSK /F. To do this you must boot to
    the Windows XP Recovery Console. There are several ways of doing
    this.

If you have a Windows XP installation CD (not a "System Recovery"
    disk provided by the computer manufacturer) you can boot the computer
    with that and choose the "Repair (Recovery Console) option.

When your computer has finished booting up under this
    options enter the command:

CHKDSK C: /R

and hopefully the data structure of the drive will be repaired.

9. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

I have a theory here that the computer may be trying to boot from the mouse receiver. Try removing the mouse receiver from the USB and starting up.

10. Oldphil

Oldphil Sergeant

Just a thought may or may not be relevant! I had an issue similar to this with a Logitech optical mouse, I would click on one item and one or two others would also open it was as if the pointer parameters were to wide. I had reloaded the machine and did not install the mouse drivers as everything was working fine and did so for a few months, then it went south loading the mouse drivers cleared the issue up.

11. matt8911

matt8911 Private E-2

hi guys I made a silpstreamed SP3 disc (XP home) to fix this issue. The main cause of the problem was changing a BIOS setting for "shadowing?" in the BIOS. The real name is Save BIOS to HDD setting. I tried to use the fix mbr and fixboot tools in recovery console but they did not work. Tried to repair the install but setup said its corrupted. So I reinstalled OS sorry I did not check back before proceding.
    Any infor you request will be answered soon Regards Matt

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds