internet connection issues as well!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by amandakp23, May 19, 2005.

1. amandakp23

amandakp23 Private E-2

I am having the same problems and have since i had my cable internet hooked up. I have such a spuratic (sp?) connection. I can stay connected for hours, other times it boots me every couple minutes, sometimes it comes right back, other times it stays offline for hours. The tech guy for my service has been out 3 times checking connections in the wall and outside and has tried everything and can't seem to find a problem. The tech support on the 800 line have checked everything they can from where they are and find a good strong signal and everything. At first I was running Windows ME and had the problem, I since switched to Windows XP and still have the problem. I have no idea what to do next as I have done all the things recommended to me, as well as all the advice posted on here. Cant someone help me??

2. Dr_Evil

Dr_Evil Private E-2

I had problems likewise with my broadband, it was a damaged cable in the house, and also resulted in a cracking noise on the telephone.

If your lines are checked ok, then maybe it's a problem with your cable modem? Either hardware fault or some configuration setting not right.

If this all turns to be ok, and the cable company says all your lines are ok, just return the modem as faulty and replace that, see if that fixes the problem.

how is the modem connected to your pc, by a lan card? Maybe that card is not working 100%.

just make a checklist what could be wrong possibly, and work your way through it. You will get to the problem and be able to sort it out!

hope this helps

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds