Latest Zone Alarm Update

Discussion in 'Software' started by md2lgyk, Mar 20, 2007.

1. md2lgyk

md2lgyk I can't follow the rules

On trying to install ZA 7.0.337 I get a message it has detected that I have MailFrontier Anti-Spam software installed and it will be replaced. What is that all about?? I've never heard of MailFrontier and am pretty sure I don't have it. The only anti-spam program I use with Outlook is Spambayes.

2. BlueBioroid

BlueBioroid Private E-2

The geniuses at Zone Labs decided that it would include some intrusiveware with it's installation. You would not have detected it because it gives you no option to install it or not...it's intrusiveware.

I believe you can uninstall it via Add/Remove programs, or CCleaner. Or, you can do the following:

# Close Outlook

# Windows Explorer, open C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\MailFrontier

# Double-click UNWISE.EXE

# When prompted for the install.log file, use C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\MailFrontier\INSTMLF.LOG

# On the MailFrontier uninstall panel, select Automatic [Next>], then [Finish]

If you use Outlook you want to close Outlook before doing the above, then launch Outlook and manually delete Outlook folders 'ZoneAlarm Challenged Mail' and 'ZoneAlarm Junk Mail'.

3. md2lgyk

Excellent, thanks.

4. md2lgyk

Well, apparently MailFrontier doesn't necessarily install automatically. After installing the ZA update I tried BlueBioroid's uninstall suggestion but found I didn't have any instmlf.log file. Nor did I have the extra folders in Outlook.

I think because I already had ZA's MailSafe e-mail protection disabled, the update didn't install MailFrontier.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds