Can't reply to posts

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by ukrkoz, Feb 10, 2009.

1. ukrkoz

ukrkoz Private First Class

Sorry I am posting this here, but I can not post it in Malware removal section.
    there are 2 posts from folks that have their search engines redirected to advertising sites.
    tell folks to go to control panel/network connections/local area connection/R click/properties/TCPIP protocol/properties and check on DNS settings. Mine were changed to some IP address who knows where, that's why it was redirecting searches places else. I marked "automatically determine IP" and it took care of this. 2nd time it happens.

2. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

Only the malware team are allowed reply to posts in that forum;)

3. frapper

frapper Private First Class

And you need to start your own Topic in Malware. Like wildwolf said, you can't tack things on to others' topics. Just make your own and someone will be along to help you. Be patient because they are very busy.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Also to follow on from WildWolfs post on the Malware forum not having rights for anyone other than the topic starter or an authorised member of the team posting in various threads that are not yours, their is the issue of while you may have taken care of the DNS re-direct you likely have not and with those instructions taken care of the actual malware that added that re-direct in the first place.

Always worth fully removing any malware as it can popup again if not delt with properly.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds