Samsung SGH a516

Discussion in 'Software' started by Canzealander, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Canzealander

Canzealander Private E-2

I have a samsung a516 and it's pissing me off royally. All I want to do is set my own mp3s as ringtones, because a) I do not want to pay 3.75 plus dl fees to Rogers for a 30 second song clip and b) even if I did, they have nothing by The Sonics. I've tried converting files to 3gp, dm, I've tried everything that I can think of. My phone won't let me change anything into a ringtone unless it's been bought from Rogers. To add insult to injury, the songs that I paid for IT WON"T LET ME TRANSFER THEM TO MY COMP FROM MY PHONE! And it won't let me use the recording I made of my friend as a ringtone either! I am so angry right now, and I can't return the phone as I'm over the data transfer limits. As soon as my contract is over, I am junking this phone and getting an unlocked one and never looking back. But until then, please, can anyone help? I think the a516 is different than the other phones on the market.... the tutorials that I've used haven't worked so far. Please, if anybody owns an a516 out there who has figured out how to make their own mp3s despite carrier restrictions, please help.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds