CPU Overheating

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mac70, Jan 25, 2007.

1. Mac70

Mac70 Private E-2

According to two different monitor programs my CPU is running at around 110 degrees celcius yet it doesn't crash. Its an AMD Athlon 3200 64 and not yet a year old. Anyone know whats going on?confused

2. UKARMYCADET

UKARMYCADET Corporal

is it overclocked. Its probably the software at fault.

Give us more details please.

Cya mate
    UKARMYCADET

3. Mac70

Mac70 Private E-2

Its totally standard not o/c'd. I tried Sensorview and Speedfan. It seems to run fine though I have had a few random reboots. If it was the CPU overheating surely it wouldnt reboot then continue normally.
    I think I sorted those reboots by removing thunderbird and re-installing my printer driver.
    Anyway, last night I removed the fan and got rid of a little dust and ran the comp with the side off. The fan was working normally.

4. Mac70

Mac70 Private E-2

OK just installed Everest. So far CPU is 24 and GPU is 54. Ill keep an eye on it and see how it goes.

5. UKARMYCADET

UKARMYCADET Corporal

yes everest is very good.

it sounds fine

cya
    ukarmycadet

6. Mac70

Mac70 Private E-2

Been keeping an eye on it and you were right, it must have been the other software. Im sure if the cpu was that hot it would have fried a long time ago.:D

7. UKARMYCADET

UKARMYCADET Corporal

yes i think it is fine from what i have read...
    but whilst my computer was melting away i kept getting random reboots for about 2 days and it was running fine. I was even playing big games like battlefield and oblivion. the only way i realised it was melting is when my mum (i am 16) came in and smellt it, so she made me strip my computer down...

but if your just getting reboots and no smell and it has been hapening for more than a couple of days its fine.

best of luck mate

UKARMYCADET

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds