Winlogon.exe error

Discussion in 'Software' started by armando_552, Feb 10, 2009.

1. armando_552

armando_552 Private E-2

Hello, Upon Start up I am receiving the following error "winlogon.exe application error" and was wondering if you can assist. I am not able to hit ok or cancel because it will reboot. I have changed the setting in service for dcomm & RPC ro restart the service and i have the same issue. I also tried to change the Uxtheme.dll name to Uxtheme.dll.old and this did not help it made it worse, it did not load XP. I used BartPe to rename the Uxtheme back to Uxtheme.dll and i was able to get to the sign on window. I am able to sing on to Windows if i put the "winlogon.exe application error" to the side. Not sure what else i can try at this time. I have also tried to do a system restore to no avail.

PS. I also ran Mbam and it did not find anything. I do not have any other spyware tool installed. I also ran hijackthis and receive the following:

Edit by bjgarrick: Inline log attached!

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Armando

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2009

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds