VPN Logon Scripts In XP Pro?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bartman2589, Aug 5, 2004.

1. bartman2589

bartman2589 Private E-2

I was wondering if it was possible to write a Virtual Private Networking Logon Script for use in Windows XP Pro to connect to a Windows 2000 Server, I have managed to make a functional manual connection, however I need to have this connection automatically restored and a drive on the Windows 2000 server mapped to a drive letter on the Windows XP Pro system before the user has a chance to run a certain program (the program needs to access a few shared files on the Windows 2000 system (but must be done by drive mapping)). I haven't found any mention of being able to do this, and would appreciate any help anyone can provide.

TIA,
    bartman2589

2. Zyto

Zyto Private First Class

no need to really, just click on the connection's icon in network connections and drag it into your startup folder on the start menu.

3. bartman2589

bartman2589 Private E-2

Sorry Zyto I tried that already, it pops up a window that requires you to manually click 'Connect' (hence the need for a logon script), in addition until you actually access (view) the mapped drive after clicking 'Connect' the drive remains inaccessible to the program I have that needs to access it. Thanks for the reply though.

bartman2589

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds