Chrome - How to delete all bookmarks & folders?

Discussion in 'Software' started by GoshenGeek, May 28, 2015.

1. GoshenGeek

GoshenGeek Corporal

In the latest version of Chrome, Google changed the way bookmarks and bookmark folders are displayed. Now I cannot figure out how to easily delete all bookmarks and their folders. I can delete the bookmarks one folder at a time, but this is *very* time consuming. Am I missing something?

I tried to import my bookmarks from IE (which has the latest bookmarks that I want in all browsers - IE, Chrome, Firefox) but Chrome just created a new folder with something like 'Imported from IE' and did not change the existing Chrome bookmarks.

What am I missing?

2. GoshenGeek

GoshenGeek Corporal

Thank you for your help. I disabled the new bookmarks manager. The help available from Google was not effective. I have over 40 bookmark folders and I could not find a way to delete all of them at once.

Frankly I think the new bookmarks manager is a terrible design. If this becomes the only bookmark manager, I will drop chrome and just use firefox.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds