larger icons in taskbar in win 10 TP10122

Discussion in 'Software' started by Coffee Guy, May 28, 2015.

1. Coffee Guy

Coffee Guy Private E-2

Hi. Trying to get larger icon in the taskbar,quick launch bar or panel, or what ever "they":) are calling it these days. What I have tried so far is right click the desktop and go to view large icons. Only works for the desktop. Next, click on the desktop and go to display settings. Slid the bar(?) over so I have it set for 125%. That did make my icons a little bigger, BUT, it made my desktop wallpaper much smaller. On a laptop with 1368x768 resolution. Didn't care to see my wallpaper like that. So I'm back to having small icons in the taskbar. Even went into the registry and took a look at the shell icon size , it was set at 32, change that value to 48, no luck, have it set a bit higher now ,but still no luck. When I have an icon on the desktop ( I have it set for medium, which I like to have) and drag it to the taskbar, it reduces its' size to the smaller ones. I know it's a perview, so should I wait for the OS to come out and see if there is any difference? On a side note, thumbs up to the person whoever thought of picking a color of your destop and have that color be in the taskbar. So whenever I start my computer and Deskslide changes my wallpaper on the desktop, I get a matching taskbar. Just love "eyecandy". Thanks for any help.

2. Coffee Guy

Coffee Guy Private E-2

Oh my - 3 days and no reply. Have no fear, I will not cry. I will wait, that's what I 'll say. So all, have a great day.

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

4. Coffee Guy

Coffee Guy Private E-2

Hi Plodr. Sorry to say, but no luck with one or two. Did try 3 earlier, but made my screen smaller, icons went a little bigger, but I like my screen (wallpaper) to take the whole screen. I'm so used to the smaller icons now that I'll wait to the win 10 is no longer an TP. Just have to say this about all the geeks who try to help us all. You people are just the greatest. You take on the smallest and sometimes the hardest problems to work on. So "THANK YOU" ---ALL.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds