Microsoft Partner Pack

Discussion in 'Software' started by ElectricTNT, Oct 22, 2004.

1. ElectricTNT

ElectricTNT Private E-2

Run don't walk away from this piece of crap. One giant virus. It installs eleven different programs that either require payment or are "lite" versions that will require payment for the full version.

The worst part was that it installed "PayPal Payment Wizard" that would not fully install and would not uninstall. Fortunately, I was able to run "System Restore" to get rid of all this junk.

If you plan on trying this out, set a System Restore Point before hard, as even though this is put out by Microsoft, it did not set a Restore Point like all other Microsoft installations do ahead of time.

This is a disaster waiting to happen and someone is going to loose their operating system with eleven new installations all at one time and not even installing all properly.

:eek:

2. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

its called shareware........

3. ElectricTNT

ElectricTNT Private E-2

NO, the reference given on the listing was "FREEWARE"

4. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

If it's put out by Micro$$oft, then the details would be in the EULA (End User Licence Agreement), not that anyone actually reads that rubbish, but this sort of thing is a good reason to start.

5. ElectricTNT

ElectricTNT Private E-2

Microsoft has stooped to "Bait and Switch". Hooda thunkit? :eek:

6. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Well, normally I would say that you get what you pay for, its free and it didn't cost you a damn thing, so stfu and stop expecting everything for free, but in this case I am going to agree, but for a different reason.

Do not install this stupid POS.

Not because its shareware, but because the garbage doesn't work!

I have even tried reinstalling it, piece at a time.

Every bit of it gives me this, just a different executable name:

7. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Actually, I am an utter retard. I figured out why I was having problems.

Nothing to see here, keep moving past my last post ;)

8. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

lol :p :) just want to delete that last post dont ya adrynalyn lol.

9. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Bite me.

:p :p :p

10. Novice

Novice MajorGeek

Adrynalyne,
    Care to share what you were doing wrong?

11. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

And embarass myself?

Sure, why not ;)

I had .net framework 1.0 sp3 installed, but had not yet installed .net framework 1.1 sp1.

I had it installed before, but since I broke my MBR pretty bad, I had to debug and reinstall XP. I forgot I had not installed .net framework 1.1 on this new installation.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds