How do I update my BIOS? ASUS P4P800

Discussion in 'Software' started by Main Frame, Jan 4, 2004.

1. Main Frame

Main Frame Corporal

I downloaded the update from ASUS, it has the update file and afudos.exe which is a BIOS flash utility. I tried putting these files on a floppy and rebooting the PC but it just said "non system disk". So what am I supposed to do to update my BIOS?

2. acejones

acejones A Different Title

3. Cashy

Cashy Private First Class

OK fellow P4P800 owner :D, here's what you need to do.

Grab this asus bio update file, http://www.asus.com/support/download/selectftp.aspx?l1_id=1&l2_id=11&l3_id=0&m_id=1&f_name=Asusupdt52202.zip~zaqwedc
    And install it.
    Then get the p4p81014.zip from here, ftp://ftp2.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/mb/sock478/p4p800/
    and unzip it.
    Then start up asus update and direct it to the file you unzipped.
    REMEMBER to close down all other programs, like MSN, ICQ, any think that could interupt the bios update. wait for it to pop up a window telling you to reboot.

reboot, enter bios, load default settings, then config bios.
    All done.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds