Which is the best software for website blocking

Discussion in 'Software' started by pcgeek, Apr 6, 2007.

1. pcgeek

pcgeek Private E-2

I would like to get software for blocking certin sites from my kids while they play and surf the net what do you all suggest?

2. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

I'm not sure about free programs, but here's a couple of paid programs I've heard good things about:
    CyberSieve: www.softforyou.com/cs-index.html
    Net Nanny: www.netnanny.com
    I have friends with kids, and both of the above are highly recommended. CyberSieve has ALOT of settings: you can even limit web access to certain times of day; like from 4 to 6pm, and you can limit the sites visited during this time also. Net Nanny is alot easier to use (from what I hear), so if you're more of a novice, NN may be for you..... Check 'em out and let us know what you choose, and why! ;)

hopperdave2000

3. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

<rant>
    IMHO a much better method is to instead of letting software baby sit your kids, is to put the computer in a place that you can monitor easy. Also its a better idea to sit and talk with your kids then rely on a filture as most kids can sneak past that pretty easy.

4. pcgeek

pcgeek Private E-2

I do have the computers in the main family room and do monitor but it is not always 100% effective I would like to filter certin sites and that way if they try to access it they get the message this site has been blocked. It is just an added precaution to my monitoring as well. They are 7 and 10 and quite computer savvy but I just want as much protection as possible anything extra above what I can do personally is a bonus :) and I completely agree parental protection is best but it does help to have the extras too.

5. pcgeek

pcgeek Private E-2

I do not mind a paid software thanks for the info I will let you know. ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds