DUAL BONUS THREAD with TWO QUESTIONS...newegg-like websites and post your hobbies

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Speculant, Nov 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Speculant

Speculant The Confused One

Firstly: Newegg is an awesome site, with almost every computer part the average geek might need. Are there any other sites like Newegg for other hobbies, like guns (regular, bb, airsoft), paintball, or skateboarding?

Lastly: Post your regular hobbies (other than computers, of course :-D). Mine are bb and airsoft guns (and smaller caliber regular guns), paintball, skateboarding/longboarding, and small engines (anything smaller than 110cc).

2. dyamond

dyamond Imelda Marcos of Majorgeeks

I dont know about the first one, I don't have much time for the internets anymore :( which is why I've been pretty much MIA..

However, in my spare time (like I really have spare time anymore..shoot I should be sleepin right now :-D) making jewerly is my hobby. Its fun and I enjoy doing it, I've already made quite a bit of money selling it, although, I didnt start making it to sell it, people would ask me how much would I sell it for or if I could make them one, so that is an added bonus :cool and I finally figured out how to take pictures of my creations without them being all blurry LOL

Oh and I love to cook/bake everything from scratch.. I dont know if you consider that a hobby but my friends cant seem to get enough :-D

3. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

@Dyamond.....Nice to see you stranger!! ;)

4. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

dyamond!! guess what? I got a new pair of shoes! :)

As for question one, I know they exist for other hobbies, but don't know of any sites that cover yours.

Question two: Videogames, music, make-up, books, movies, cooking, writing. In no particular order.

5. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

Can't really answer the first question.
    The second question; photographing anything.I love taking pics and have tons just have to get them posted to share with everyone. The other hobby is MG's. Just like hanging out here and learning as well as meeting new people.

6. cake

cake Corporal

no help on websites unless you want to know where to buy needlework or cake decorating supplies.

i just put my hobbies in my profile (copy/pasted from elsewhere so i didn't have to type it). only thing not included: New York Times Sunday crossword, Mensa/Black Belt sudoku (MAN! will those kill off some brain cells; usually takes me a week to finish just 1) and algebra factoring problems, just for fun (yeah, i know. the algebra thing is creepy. LOL)

shoes are my weakness. my last pair were white pumps with switchblades painted on them.

7. dyamond

dyamond Imelda Marcos of Majorgeeks

Thanks Tim! :p I'll try to around more but real life has been a whirlwind of busy lately.

@ Mimsy! ooh you did? what kind? I havent bought any lately, had to spend a ton of money correcting the bleach job I did on me hair :-o but at least its all blonde now :-D

You and me both, I guess you could consider that a hobby LOL

8. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Sorry, can't answer #1 either, rolleyes but I do enjoy cross stitching, flying my birds, hunting, gardening and 4 wheeling. All are mostly seasonal, as I don't have time to cross stitch in the summer, and do go 4 wheeling a lot, but also fly my birds any time of year, and do my cross stitching in the winter, which is my main hobby.. ;)

9. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

Plain black leather pumps. With a fully padded insole that makes it just like walking in high-heeled sneakers. :)

And that's why I no longer try to do anything to my hair on my own. I pay a professional a fortune to do it instead... that way it at least looks good when it's done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds