MSI KT6 Delta

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by the truth, Jun 21, 2004.

1. the truth

the truth Private E-2

Hey all..

Kinda sucks that my first post here is one begging for help, but what can i do? haha

Anyways, I'm running a KT6 Delta / AMD Athlon XP 2600+ Barton / 512 MB Kingston Value Ram among other things.. The reason I'm posting is I am currently using a soundcard that (Digidesign Audiomedia III) requires me to disable PCI Burst Mode.

I've been all through the manual for the MB, but cannot find where this setting is in there. I do have a Digidesign Digi 001 on my other computer, but I'd like to be able to run Pro Tools on this one as well, which I can do - but there is a large amount of static when I monitor.

Digidesign will replace one of the chips to prevent this, but that costs about $120.00 now, and they did mention that if I could disable that PCI Burst Mode, it won't be needed.

Thoughts?

2. da chicken

da chicken MajorGeek

From what I can tell, your BIOS doesn't appear to have the option to disable PCI Burst Mode transfers. This is the first time I've seen this kind of compatability problem, so it's likely that it's rare enough to be a non-standard option.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds