Is there a single app that can manage my cloud services, NOT WEB BASED

Discussion in 'Software' started by Cool Javelin, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Cool Javelin

Cool Javelin Private E-2

Is there a single FREEWARE app (for WinXP) that can manage all three (or more) of the major cloud storage without using their proprietary software?

Other then SyncDriver, I can't seem to get that working.

Whenever I search for freeware cloud manager, or use the terms Onebox, Dropbox or Google Drive, all I get are comparisons of the services.

I know all about what they are, and I know they all have their proprietary apps to handle syncing their cloud to my hard drive.

On one machine I have, a Dropbox app, Google drive app, Copy app, and these three separate apps are using a tremendous amount of memory to do the redundant thing.

Thanks, Mark.

2. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

first one that comes to mind is NetDrive. Not free anymore. It has been owned by several companies and was free, no it seems to be it's own product and updated for web services.

http://www.netdrive.net/

Don't see dropbox on there...bummer.

3. foogoo

Found the other one..
    http://www.webdrive.com/products/webdrive/
    does drop box.

Netdrive was a NetWare program, then it went freeware, now it is forked to Netdrive and Webdrive which became payware.
    IDK if it truely forked, but they both seemed to come out at the same time.

4. Cool Javelin

Cool Javelin Private E-2

Hi foogoo:

Thanks for your help. I'm not about to pay $70 for something I can do for free, even if it is a memory hog.

They look like good alternatives, and I will keep them in mind.

While searching Google foe netdrive, I found an older version of abandonware from Novell.

I am going to try that soon.

Thanks again,
    Mark.

5. foogoo

http://alternativeto.net/software/webdrive/
    I think the NetWare version predates WebDav, ect.. works with FTPs.
    NetDrive is supposedly 'free' IDK the limits and the fact it does not do DropBox, but according to their website they are working on it.

6. foogoo

I hope you're still checking back in on the thread, I just found
    http://www.thewindowsclub.com/manage-cloud-accounts-carotdav
    CarotDAV is a multiple file sharing for Windows, which allows you to manage your cloud accounts, stored in your system such as DropBox, Google Drive, Box, SkyDrive or SugarSync. It also supports various settings like drag and drop, variety of sorting and grouping retail, and file transfer window.

7. KimSRT

KimSRT Private E-2

Novell NetDrive is a very old version of WebDrive which we licensed to Novell back in the early 2000’s for Windows NT4 and Windows XP-based systems. It was built, and licensed, to talk exclusively to Novell’s iFolder servers, which is similar to WebDAV, but not exactly the same.

We have since terminated Novell’s license and they are no longer permitted to distribute the application. However, they have allowed it to seep out into the general public. It’s very unlikely that it will run on anything later than Vista, primarily because the file system driver is not signed nor trusted by the OS.

Also, since most cloud services are JSON/REST based, and not so much WebDAV based, the protocol support for JSON/REST does not exist in Novell NetDrive. Legally (read the EULA), it may only be used in conjunction with a Novell Netware environment.

WebDrive has been under constant development since 1997 and has been installed on millions of desktops in over 132 countries worldwide. The $70 allows us to provide top quality technical support to our customers and also to continue to ensure that it’s the best virtual drive technology available.

8. foogoo

Screen shot from new netdrive installer.. the non-novell version..btw

Attached Files:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds