Get rid of Bing

Discussion in 'Software' started by Jassmin, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Jassmin

Jassmin Corporal

Hi,
    can u help me remove Bing as a browser? After some installation, Google switched to Bing and I am not able to remove it. I tried about:config but it doesn't work.

Thank you in advance.

2. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

You may only need to change the current active search provider, see pic. Just click on the Bing icon where mine shows the Google icon and you should get a dropdown with Google and maybe others on it. Click Google.

If that doesn't help let us know which operating system and which browser you are using and we can help you uninstall Bing completely.

Attached Files:

3. Jassmin

Jassmin Corporal

Great, thank you. I think it works.

Don't u have ( just for case ) any ideas about good free burning DVD soft and video player?

Thank you again.

4. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

I just use the built-in burning capabilities in Win 7 or 8/8.1 but you could use the popular ImgBurn.

If you don't like Media Player you could get VLC which is excellent.

5. Jassmin

Jassmin Corporal

OK, thank you, will try.

Have a nice day !!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds