Kingston Memory

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Unexperiencedn00b, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Unexperiencedn00b

Unexperiencedn00b Private First Class

Im running an A8N SLI-Deluxe which supports up to 4 gigs, of PC3200 RAM. I know there are some good brands out there such as Corsair, and Patriot. Actually I dont know if Patriot is any good, but I know Corsair is good. I also know that Kington RAM has been out since the dawn of time. Im looking throught this Circuit City Add, and inside is an advertisement of stick of RAM. Here is what it reads

Kingtson 512MBPC3200/2700/2100 - $31.99 after $30 mfr Rebate, and $13 Circuit City Rebate...

Money is not an issue with me, so here is my question....Is Kingston RAM good enough, to where I should take advantage of this Kick Ass Steal....or should I go ahead and invest the extra $40 a stick to get some quality Performance RAM......If I should invest.....What are some good brands to invest in...

2. jamcgriff

jamcgriff Sergeant

IT Depends on if you plan to overclock your system if not value ram is a good deal, Kingston is a good brand have bought plenty of that from Circuit City.Just make sure the cas timming is 2.5 instead of 3 it will say on the package the lower the cas is ususally better.

3. jamcgriff

jamcgriff Sergeant

With that motherboard you will want dual channel memory to take advantage of the performance it gives. Dual channel memory is two memry modules that have been tested to run together. Example
    ZipZoomFly
    ZipZoomFly

One is performance memory and the other is value memory, corsair kingston.,geil, OCZ or Kingston make both types.

4. Unexperiencedn00b

Unexperiencedn00b Private First Class

Alright then....ZipZoomFly it is....Ill wait just a little bit longer and see if the prices drop just a tad....a couple weeks or so. Thank you for the input.

5. jamcgriff

jamcgriff Sergeant

no problem

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds