HELP!! Laptop won't boot.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DeltaJ, Jun 12, 2005.

1. DeltaJ

DeltaJ Private First Class

Okay I was playing a game, laptop was working fine. Something happened and it frooze. so I reset it and it began starting up. It got to loading win98 screen and then the screen went black. now when I try to start it all I get is a black screen no beep no accessing hard drive light nothing it just sits there. What the hell it was working fine a minute ago. I attached it to a CRT monitor and still nothing. is it dead.

2. DeltaJ

Anybody

3. lukera

lukera Private E-2

try taking out the battery and holding the reset button for 30 sec (hardware reset).

that used to work on gateways.

there also might be a little pin hole reset on the bottom of the laptop, try that.

if your not getting a post beep then i wouldn't suspect your monitor, so hooking up a CRT wouldn't help.(allthough it doesn't hurt to try)

4. DeltaJ

Tried hardware reset nothing happened, no pinhole, and I already hooked it up to a CRT.
    It's a CompUSA PC Amerinote RL400C or something.

5. lukera

lukera Private E-2

did you try removing your battery and just plugging it in to a wall?

6. Olley

Olley Sergeant

it sounds to me that something fried when u were playin that game. what were u playing? were u playing for a long time? does ur notebook get really hot sometimes? do u have a 3d accelerator card?... it could also be that the psu is failing since nothing seems to happen when u press the powerbutton...

7. DeltaJ

It was the hard drive something came lose inside.

8. Olley

Olley Sergeant

how does that happen???

9. DeltaJ

beats me

10. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

11. Olley

Olley Sergeant

"...took the hard drive out..."
    enough said, :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds