What's up? :-)

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Chrispy1, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Chrispy1

Chrispy1 Private E-2

Hi all.....I'm a long time fan of this site but haven't thought to register to the forum till today. I'm not entirely sure where to post this, so figure this'll be the best place. What I'm looking for is a way to compress a number of JPG files using a batch program. Due to issues with what the pictures are of (used for insurance and legal purposes within my company) I cannot crop or resize them - they are taken by our inspectors and I cannot modify them. I can however compress them to reduce the quality of the image, but cannot figure out how to do this. I've tried IrfanView but that was unsuccessful, and I've searched on Google, here and a couple of other sites without any luck. All I'm looking for is a way to grab the files, reduce them down to less than 300 Kb (I cannot have any images larger than this) and move them to another folder. Sounds easy, but I've yet to figure out a way to do this.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Oh, and a little personal info (in case you care):
    I'm a database admin/user support/data analysis/process and contract conformance prime for Canada's largest telecomm company. I'm married, no kids, and my favourite movies include The Matrix, Star Wars (Empire being the best), and The Bourne movies. Favourite books include The Crysalids by John Wyndham, The World as I see it by Albert Einstein; favourite music includes anything Industrial, Saul Williams, Within Temptation, Children of Bodom, etc.etc.
    OK, that's enough from me. I look forward to meeting you around these parts!
    Chris

2. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's.

Start a new thread in the >>> Software Forum
    The guys in there will be able to advise you further.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds