noob here- oh gawd

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Bobby62586, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Bobby62586

Bobby62586 Private E-2

Well friend told me about this site. A buddy of mine used to do all my computer maintenance, making sure everything was in order, running correctly and what not. Hes now moved to Florida and im in Tx, clueless about this.

Recently my computer started slowing down a bit, so i started thinking something was wrong. Especially when i wasn't able to upload anything onto flickr or photobucket. I ran a sweep, via webroot? not sure it was on my computer. I also have the webroot firewall on. Anyways. Found a few infections, it told me to quarantine and delete.

Well- Now all this stuff is happening. I ran the webroot spy sweeper a while ago and it said the following

Virus Found *this is where i panicked* Troj/Virtum-Gen
    Adware found- virtumonde
    Adware found- zenosearchassistant (Threat marked as always remove)
    Adware found- Command
    Trojan Horse Found - trojan-downloader-waverevenue
    Trojan Horse Found - trojan-agent.gen
    Behavioral Found - Mal/Heuri-D

Whats happening, whats happened, and how can i resolve this quickly. Till than ill be using another computer and keeping the infected one disconnected from any online connection til i find out whats going on. i dont know for some reason i think this will help?

Please- ill try to understand any help given to me, id just wish to remove all this. Thank you

-Bobby V.

2. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's.

First go through all the steps here>>>> READ & RUN ME FIRST

Then start a NEW thread in the>>>> Malware Forum

And attach the logs of the scans in your post.
    The malware guys will be happy to answer any questions you have

Good Luck.

3. Bobby62586

Bobby62586 Private E-2

thank you sir.

4. wildwolf220

Your welcome:)

5. Bobby62586

Bobby62586 Private E-2

Well i followed the read/runme area word for word- and did everything. i think it helped me out. about to run a scan. i havent slept lmao. but the help is very much appreciated. computer seems to be running great.

6. dnnyo

dnnyo Private First Class

I can sympathize with the 'I haven't slept"
    ;)
    I was up all night long when I went through the 'ordeal'!
    I'm only embarrassed :eek: I didn't worry so much when my wife was in labor about to give birth... rolleyes

7. wildwolf220

Good to hear your pc is running better:)

Just attach the logs when you have them in your post in malware.
    The malware forum is very busy, it may take a little while for one of the experts to answer your post. just be patient

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds