Realtek ALC880??

Discussion in 'Software' started by NationaL.oRgy, Oct 25, 2006.

1. NationaL.oRgy

NationaL.oRgy Private E-2

I bought the MSI K8NGM2-L Socket 939 NVIDIA GeForce 6100 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard for my cousin and the Onboard LAN wasn't working. =[
    Now we just found out that the sound isn't working! :rolleyes:

I'm not sure if it's a driver issue or something. The onboard audio chipset is the Realtek ALC880. What should I do?!
    I've already bought a $40 Linksys NIC card, do I have buy a sound card too?!

2. prometheos

prometheos Staff Sergeant

The next time you boot, enter the CMOS and make sure that the sound and lan are enabled. You may have to navigate several menus to find this. Once you're sure they are enabled, save CMOS settings and continue your boot. Find the CD that came with your motherboard and load the "chipset" drivers. Alternatively, you could download fresh drivers from here.:)

3. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

Did you not get a driver cd with the board? Should have had one. ed

4. theefool

theefool Geekified

Also, make sure all devices within device manager are correctly installed and/or running. With no yellow triangles with exclamation marks.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds