Belkin Wireless Card Problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by RMadness66, Jul 29, 2009.

1. RMadness66

RMadness66 Private E-2

Greetings,

I've got an HP Pavilion ze4900 laptop. I just reinstalled windows and my wireless card is no longer being detected. I tried downloading the driver for the correct version from belkin.com. When I try to run the utility , it automatically closes. I'm getting no light, nothing. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks. Madness

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

3. RMadness66

RMadness66 Private E-2

Thanks for the reply. I reinstalled Windows XP on the machine. The model is ze4901us. I'm assuming the chipset drivers aren't installed, as I haven't installed them and I was looking for drivers under the wrong model. It's not built in, it's added. I'll try the chipset driver installation utility from the HP site. Thanks

4. RMadness66

RMadness66 Private E-2

Tried installing the chipset drivers. I reinstalled the Belkin software. At first it seemed to recognize it and open, but then it closed right away as it has been doin.

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Just asking again as what was the reason to install a belkin wireless card as from what I read that model laptop comes with Wifi built in, in either Intel or Broadcom, so should not need an add-on card (then again knowing HP and others some models may not)

Could you post the devices in Device Manager that have a yellow ! mark next to them?

Also what is the Belkin wifi cards model number and have you checked to see if a newer driver exists for it?

Also please attach an everest report and instructions below on how to do this:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds