Vista / XP Dual boot issues

Discussion in 'Software' started by Furnt, Apr 14, 2007.

1. Furnt

Furnt Private E-2

I have Vista Business on one hard drive, I disconnected this hard drive and installed XP media center on another hard drive. I need to boot and use the XP, but I do not have the option, my computer automatically starts to Vista. I have an option during startup to choose where to boot from (Not the option for Vista or XP, but I can choose the drive to boot from). Anyhow, when I choose XP it will start to load up, the freeze right before the welcome screen, where it says loading settings. Can some one please help me?

2. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

3. chaslang

chaslang MajorGeeks Admin - Master Malware Expert Staff Member

You should not post messages requesting technical help in the the Welcome Center. Use the tech forums. I'm moving this to the Software Forum where you will get more attention.

4. Furnt

Furnt Private E-2

Thank you for posting me in the right spot, the link by colemanguy worked well. Thank you, I don't know if Vista is causing the issue, but the Welcome screen on XP still keeps freezing and will not load up. Will I have to reload XP or is there a way to fix this?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds