Hotmail site - "certificate error"?

Discussion in 'Software' started by 8FullHours, Sep 28, 2007.

1. 8FullHours

8FullHours Private E-2

Hi all- I'm operating on a computer with Windows Vista which has Norton 360 installed on it (I think that may be what's causing my problem). I've just hooked up my computer to a new internet source at my university, and the internet works fine- the only problem is when I go to www.hotmail.com and type in my user name and password, I get this error message:
    There is a problem with this website's security certificate.

"This organization's certificate has been revoked.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.
    We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.
    Click here to close this webpage. "

I know it's not the internet because all my flatmates can sign into hotmail without trouble. And I don't think it's Vista because my flat mate runs on a Vista computer and she also has no problem logging in. Could it be a problem with Norton? I was on the phone with PC World forever (costing me about £30), and they basically told me to try on Mozilla Firefox (which I installed and tried), but had no success. I thought it might be my account but when my friends try on my computer they get the same error message. I've only been able to get into my Hotmail account once before through this long process, but that was before I moved to the new internet source. Does anyone know a way around this problem? I'd appreciate any help I can get, it's really frustrating!

Thanks again,
    -Giulia ( writing from England )

2. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Try the steps below, see if it solves the problem.

1. Open up Norton 360,

2. click on TASKS & SETTINGS.

3. On the right handside click on CHANGE ADVANCE SETTINGS

4. Uncheck TRANSACTION SECURITY

(you might get a pop up asking how long would you like to disable Transaction Security. Check UNTIL I TURN IT BACK ON)

5. Click APPLY > OK

Steve

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds