Realtek ALC883 doesnt work on Windows 7

Discussion in 'Software' started by montcer9012, Oct 11, 2011.

1. montcer9012

montcer9012 Private E-2

I have an motherboard Foxconn946gz7ma, and his audio system is a Realtek ALC883 (the complete information, by Everest, is: Intel 82801 High Definition Audio Controller: Realtek ALC 883).

Well, my computer came with Windows Vista Home Basic and the soud was there and perfect. I didnt like Vista so migrate to XP SP3 and the driver on the CD drivers of the motherboard was enought.

Anyway, 3 days ago decide to install Windows 7 on the machine and everything was perfect but the sound is not. (when i said everything, i mean USB, Video, LAN and other ports on the motherboard)

Due that problem, go to realtek.com.tw and download the latest driver for High Definition Audio (wich is R2.65) and then install it... restart aaaanddd... Nothing, theres no sound. However, i tried diverses options on the tray icon of Realtek and found that i have sound if i tell the computer that i have a Quadrafonic audio system... Again: the system by default set as common audio system "Estereo 2.0", but there is not any sound. But if i put the option on "Quadrafonic" and then clickink on "try" button (that one that emites a sound on each speaker one by one) theres sound on the speakers "IP" and "REC" (the rear speakers) but the Right and Left speakers doesnt sound. Same thing happen if i put the option on 5.1 or 7.1, i have sound when the system try on the speakers i told but the rest (subwoofer, bass, surround, right and left, etc..) doesnt sound.

Well if Windows or the programs will sound on Quadrafonic or 5.1/7.1 i have no problem cause doesnt matter for me; but it will not sound at least the program want to sound on the speakers "IP" and "REC" and that is not happening.

So... Yeah, pretty bad no??

Please somebody help me!!

2. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

3. montcer9012

montcer9012 Private E-2

Thanks for the answer man!! But already working sound!!

Yes, i tried compability but the problem wasn't the drivers, the problem was the shitty program that controls the driver of Realtek; here is my explanation:

When you plug in the jack of your sound system, the program ALCH.exe (something like that) wonder you "what have you plug in?". My normal answer was: Rear channel, thought that one was the green plug rear the computer; but no, the correct answer was "prinpipal line" ...

Hahahahahahahahaa, pretty stupid, but a lot of people have same problem on Win XP, Vista and 7. Hope found this and make sound their computers.

4. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

Thanks for the feedback ;).

Glad to hear that you resolved the sound problem.

Your solution may well help in assisting others with the same issue!!

Thanks!!!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds