laptop stopped recognizing camera!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by stephanie, Feb 27, 2006.

1. stephanie

stephanie Private E-2

just to start out, im pretty much not technologically inclined.

so i have a minolta dimage g500 that i just connect to my laptop (toshiba satellite, windows XP) with a USB 2.0(?) and usually as soon as i plug it in, the computer recognizes it and it pops up under "devices with removable storage" in 'my computer' and its real easy to upload my pictures. i have to leave the camera turned off while connected (its what the directions say). at any rate, its been fine for the past 6 months or so.

so i do the same thing but now when i plug it in, nothing happens. i tried plugging into every different usb port. i tried plugging it into a diff computer and it still wasnt recognized, so im guessing its the cable and not my laptop. my camera works fine.

what could be wrong?!
    and is there any way to tell for sure if my cable is busted and i need a new one?

2. hypertweeky

hypertweeky Private E-2

Download picasa:
    http://picasa.google.com/
    It is very easy to use. Plug the camera to your usual USB port, turn on the camera, then go to import pictures, once it is done click finish. That should let you upload the pictures.

You said you plugged the cable to another computer and it didn't work, was it running XP??.
    It could be the cable that is damaged.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds