S3 sleep state

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by funkyecat, Jul 15, 2007.

1. funkyecat

funkyecat Private First Class

I have tried to invoke S3 Standby; however, the issue is waking up the computer.

1- It will not wake up via Mouse or Keyboard, only via pressing power button.
    (a) There is no power setting under HID mouse that allows for startup.

2- Once computer starts up, although the cable Modem is working, there is no cannection and I have to reboot anyway.

WindowsXP SP2
    Asus KT800/AMI Bio

2. pasound

pasound Private E-2

I have one machine which is a K8V-SE, and the subset name is KT800. Is this similar? It has the same sort of "problem" entering sleep - I think Asus has a bios update which fixes that, but atm I can't locate the page. I don't use sleep state, so I never fixed mine.

The nic's lack of connection sounds like it's set in device manager to turn the device off to save power. There is a checkbox setting in properties to keep that from happening.

3. funkyecat

funkyecat Private First Class

Yes, That is the same motherboard.

I am leery of Bios updates.

I'll try the NIC cure you stated.

Thanx

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds