WindowsXP style startmenu in windows7

Discussion in 'Software' started by stevvie, Apr 6, 2010.

1. stevvie

stevvie Private E-2

has anybody found a program that can make the HORRID and MESSY windows7 start menu more like the XP one. I'm currently running classic shell that incorporates classic start menu . But what I'm really after is one that has the recently used PROGRAMS (not the recent files FOLDER) in the list on the left. So If anybody has found anything like that I'd appreciate a link to it.

Thanks

2. beezneez

beezneez Corporal

this might not be what you mean but after you click start and "all programs" comes up, right click that and in properties, start menu, there is an option to display and store recently opened programs. It works for me.

3. stevvie

stevvie Private E-2

I see what you are on about beezneez, it's just Microsoft bang on about win7 being more productive, but the seem to have messed up the start menu by burying the programs menu.

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

5. stevvie

stevvie Private E-2

Thanks plodr, but I ALREADY stated in my original post that I'm ALREADY running classic shell, which incorporates classic start menu and that I was looking for something more like the XP startmenu and not the 98 start menu, But thanks anyway. I think it funny how there are just so many programs already that replace the dreadful windows7 start menu. I kn ow some people will like the new windows7 and some will dislike it, it's like when XP came out some people disliked the new start menu, but at least you could go back to the windows 95/98 one if you wished.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2010

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds