INTERNET EXPLORER v6 - JAVASCRIPT LINKS NOT WORKING IN SECURE SITES

Discussion in 'Software' started by tumbaparrot, Nov 10, 2004.

1. tumbaparrot

tumbaparrot Private E-2

Using IE6 6.0.2800.1106xpsp2.030422-1633
    WindowsXP Home SP1.

Got a problem with secure sites using javascript.

Any buttons which invoke javascript don't work. If I click them I - get "error on page" message in bottom bar of iexplorer.

First noticed this on ebay login where I get directed to a page saying "If you are seeing this page, your browser settings prevent you from automatically redirecting to a new URL. " The 'click here' link then doesn't work. That problem has gone away now that ebay give the option of secure and non-secure login!

Have tried turning off anti-virus/firewall etc.
    Have checked for spyware.
    Have uninstalled spyware and popup blockers.
    Have been to sites which check my computer settings where told I could use SSL 128 encription and java scripting.
    Have reset all ie setting to default.

STILL THE SAME PROBLEM

Two users are set up on this computer - the other user has NONE of these problems - even though we are using the same software and the same computer!!!

Have made sure iexplorer settings are the same for both users. Didn't help.

Created new user - worked fine, so deleted the old user with the IE6 javascript problem - still works perfectly.

Today I have been surfing for Christmas Presents - buying on Secure sites etc and all was OK. Then I did a windows update and rebooted - now I am back to the original problem... Javascript is blocked/doesn't work as a redirect on secure sites - including the windows update site!!!

...But all other users on this PC are still working perfectly!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

IS THERE A NEW VIRUS/SPYWARE/MALWARE OUT THERE DOING THIS?????

Help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

lower your IE INTERNET security settings to default levels and try again.

3. FunkGal200476

FunkGal200476 Private E-2

Hello,

I have a similar problem = on certain sites i cannot view some content - instead I get a blank white box with a red cross in top right corner - this only suddenley started happening, i also somehow lost macromedia flash player from my system and this is also preventing me viewing certain sites..i.e. www.kumala.com ....When I try to download the flash player again from macromedia.com i get the blank white box and nothing happens ??? I try downloadong it from this site and it seems to download but it won't install. It asks me to browse for a directory for the plug in, but i don't know which to choose ( C: drive option only ) so I choose any and it says it couldn't find plug in and it does what looks like an install but nothing happens. All i have in my programs directory is flashplayerinstall which doesn't seem to change anything.

Also.... When i goto XP newsgroups and try to post a thread a small cross appears on my mouse cursor and I can't post anymore ??? Why has this happened and how can I put it back to how it use to be...I`ve lost all my old restore points so I can't do that. I have lowered my internet and defaulted my other security settings too. No CHANGE.

Please, Please can anyone help. :rolleyes:

Yours Faithfully,

Caz x

4. tumbaparrot

tumbaparrot Private E-2

Have already tried lowering safety setting to minimum and it doesn't help.

Today, both users are exhibiting the same problem.

Also MOST links on even non-secure pages dont take me to where they should.

I hate f*****g computers and spyware/virus and malware writers should be castrated via their nostrils

AAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds