Dell Checkpoint [ITHR] error

Discussion in 'Software' started by ElGrecoLoco, Dec 2, 2005.

1. ElGrecoLoco

ElGrecoLoco Private E-2

Hi

just replaced my father in law`s desktop with a dell dimension. It is running XP and everything went fine until I loaded up the BT Voyager 105 ADSL modem. Basically I got the above message on the re-boot after installing BT Openworld. Thing just refused to boot at all until I removed the USB connector for the cable modem. Once it had booted up, I re-connected the USB cable and hey presto, I got online. I don`t want to leave his pc on forever and he is an older gent who simply wouldn`t know how to get it going again from a power off position. Anyone come across this or recommend a solution - p.s. I don`t really want to have to deal with dell tech support! :rolleyes:

Many thanks

Jim

p.s. I did try a search for this but came up blank so apologies if this is a repeat request.

2. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Hey Jim,

You might be better off contacting Dell Support. Seems they are familiar with the issue (Checkpoint [ITHR] error) and the cause ranges from the USB ports to motherboard. You can try using different USB slots, see if that makes a difference.

But, unless you get other suggestions here, I would notify Dell because it does seem to be a hardware problem.

Steve

3. ElGrecoLoco

ElGrecoLoco Private E-2

Hi Steve,

thanks for your note. Will have a go at mixing up the USB ports.

Jim

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds