Seeing harddrives on a dual Drive Dual OS System

Discussion in 'Software' started by DJ.SpYdeR, Nov 15, 2005.

1. DJ.SpYdeR

DJ.SpYdeR Private E-2

Ok,
    Here's the story. I have 2 different OS's on 2 different drives. The main is Win 2k Pro and the secondary is Win XP Pro. I just have so much on the Win 2k drive I kind of want to ease into an XP state of mind. Here's the issue. On the 2k Pro Drive I can see all of my hard drives (7 in all) including the secondary OS Drive, but when I boot to the XP drive I cannot see any of the other drives aside from the OS drive. I have looked in the device manager of XP and seen that all of the drives are there, I've go to the admin tools/computer management and see them there. I've even tried to copy the same access and control settings as the XP drive to all of the other drives on the system and still no luck. The primary OS drive is on the MB main IDE channel and I also have a 400gb drive on that same chain, neither can be seen with the secondary OS Drive. The remaining 4 drives are on a single promise card and are accessible on the primary OS drive but not the secondary. I've checked the device manager on the XP drive to ensure that all devices have been installed properly and that no unknown devices exist.

I have tried everything that I can think of and I'm hoping its just some setting I'm forgetting. Can any one be of assistance?

Thx for all the help

SpYdeR

2. DJ.SpYdeR

DJ.SpYdeR Private E-2

Just too add:

I've already gone thru the Administrative Tools, Computer Management options and all drives are seen as healthy, even stating the drive name aside from the drive letter none with an unknown color or tag.

Just a reminder that all drives are on IDE chains either directly on the main board or on a PCI promise card.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds