I Can't Print in Color using Excel 2003

Discussion in 'Software' started by Lunatic, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Lunatic

Lunatic Private E-2

I’m using Excel 2003. For some odd reason I can’t print in “COLOR”. This the first time it happen. I click “Print Preview” I see that the worksheet is in “Black & White” but on the Excel worksheet does show the Color. I’m using Xerox 7665 and set the default to print color. I was to be able to print excel documents in color. All other programs print in color including Microsoft word, and PowerPoint.

Trouble Shooting Steps That I Did:
    1. I check to see if I had “Win SP3” I don’t have that I have “Win SP2”
    2. I check also on “Print Preview” SetupSheet to make sure that the “Black & White” box is not Check.
    3. Tools OptionsColor from there I click “Reset”.
    4. HelpDetect & Repair.
    5. Help Check For Updates.
    6. I edit the Registry. I change the Excel folder to old ( OldExcel) so when I click the on Excel again it would reinstall it back again ( so it would think that is the 1st I running it).

This are some trouble shooting steps that I have done and still I'm not able to print in color. :cry

Please Help !!! You could reply in here or send me an email to LunaCJuan@yahoo.com.

P.S I got another computer i open that same file in Excel 2003 and Print in Color and it works fine. I'm using the same printer Xerox 7665 ( network Printer). But my Excel does not work. = ( If i find a solution i will post in here.

2. Lunatic

Lunatic Private E-2

This CASE is still OPEN.:confused

3. buggabear

buggabear MajorGeek

?'s
    you fooled the registry to make it look like you had an old version of excel or did you actually go back to an older version of excel?.
    If you went to the older version did you try to print it then?
    Lastly I know you did a detect and repair, but have you actually went into add and remove programs and deleted Excel then loaded the office cd and did a re install of excel?
    The other computer that printed the program was it on the same printer?

4. Lunatic

Lunatic Private E-2

Well I when to the registry and edit the office file that has has Excel. So i just put "Oldexcel" then the computer would create another registry file for excel. The other computer is using the same printer (Network Printer). I removed the office application then i installed it back again, still i have the same issue. I think the issue is a Microsoft update but can't figure witch one.

5. Cat_w_9_lives

Cat_w_9_lives Major KittyCat

6. Lunatic

Lunatic Private E-2

This is good information you gave me. Thank you. But I think that is not my problem I'm having, because everybody in my work place has Office 2003 and they are printing from the same printer (network Printer) and I'm the only one that have this issue. I still have the same issue ( Excel 2003 can't print in color).

P.S I will upgrade my PostScript on print. Thank You.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds