Excel 2003 will only print to a file

Discussion in 'Software' started by jawebster, Apr 25, 2011.

1. jawebster

jawebster Private E-2

I am using Excel 2003 on a Win7 machine, and suddenly I am having a problem printing to my Canon MX700. Any time I try to print I get a pop-up prompting for the name of file I want to print to – it will not send anything to the printer. I have made sure that the “Print to file” box is not checked when I try to print, and I cannot find anything else in the Excel or printer settings that might cause the output to be directed to a file instead of the printer.

The problem only occurs in Excel; I can print without a problem from any other application on my machine. And the problem is limited to this one machine; I can print from Excel on the other two machines on my network without a problem.

I have not made any recent changes to my system or the printer that I’m aware of, other than installing the normal Windows and Office updates from Microsoft. I tried rolling the system back to a restore point that was created about a week before I first noticed the problem, but that did not fix it.

A screen print of the pop-up is attached. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John

Attached Files:

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Is your Office 2003 fully up to date?

What you could start off with is trying to repair Excel and click in Excel Help then Detect and Repair.

Not my fix but did while searching to see if Office Help had anything online for this issue came across this HERE and as you mention a network then see the info in post #13

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds