Kaspersky -

Discussion in 'Software' started by dalkiel, Apr 29, 2008.

1. dalkiel

dalkiel Private First Class

Hi guys

I thought i'd experiment with kaspersky internet Security 7 and the trial period is reaching the end and I'm toying with the idea of keeping it or getting rid of it. Since installing it I've almost deleted important files because of the proactive defense feature and my PC and browser seem to be noticeably slower.

Previously I was using AVG+Zonealarm (free editions) and in addition I have spybot and spywareblaster. The reason I installed Kasp was because it detected a trojan that the above programs somehow missed. With all the false alarms i've had since i installed Kasp i'm starting to wonder if it really was a trojan.

With kasp
    When i start powerdvd i get a keylogger alert and when orbit downloader switches on i get a "invader' warning.

Should i keep kasp or go back to the above programs?

Advice?

Thanks in advance

2. DutchMarco

DutchMarco Corporal

I think you should have a look HERE

I have AVG Free Edition on my computer and no problems whatsoever. Paying for security doesn't suit me after they've let me down previously. I have never had Kaspersky internet security but as I said before free security does the job for me.

So I reckon follow the 'read and run me first' first and clean up the computer.

Kaspersky or AVG?? I trust AVG. (that's just my opinion)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds