PS3 quick question

Discussion in 'Software' started by Speculant, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Speculant

Speculant The Confused One

would it be possible to connect a DVI to HDMI cable from the PS3 (HDMI) to a 1440x900 display (DVI) and have it display at 1440x900? or would it display at regular 720p resolution?

sound wouldnt be an issue, i know that i could just get a ps2 av multi out cable and use a RCA to headphone adapter cable (since DVI can't carry sound)

thanks!

2. JJJIrish05

JJJIrish05 Sergeant

I know you can do it, but I'm not sure what the resolution would be.

3. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

Let me put it this way, if all you want is a picture, all you need is the right adapter. A PS3 is basically a computer running a Linux OS, and capable of running games, so if you can just get the cable between the PS3 and the monitor to transmit, you'll get picture on the monitor. As for the resolution... that I don't know for sure, but I do know that the PS3 makes an effort to adapt to the display you hook it up to. My suggestion is, hook them up, leave the monitor as is and watch. You can adjust PS3 resolution and display settings once it's connected, to optimize the picture.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds