Sotware Dongle

Discussion in 'Software' started by littlebobbie, May 1, 2008.

1. littlebobbie

littlebobbie Private First Class

:confused
    I have an embroidery digitizing program that uses a dongle (Hasp HL by Aladdin) for a security device. I would like to run this program on a second computer closer to my embroidery machine...and on this one for when I sit down...that means moving the dongle back and forth...not good when the chances of damage are increased...and a new one is the cost of the original program ($1700) a legit company offers a code for $595 to start that can make me dongle free...but who has that kind of money... I need a solution to either emulate the dongle so that the program does not look for it or thinks it is there...or a way to duplicate the dongle I have ... does such a thing exist?

2. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Sorry, don't think anyone is going to help you with this. If you need another dongle, you should buy one.

I keep on hearing Beavis from Beavis and But head saying, 'You said dongle...' :D

E

3. littlebobbie

Re: Software Dongle

:cry Bummer!.... never did watch B&BH. :p ..don't have a TV...like my puter better. There has to be a way that is cheaper then the program...but for right now I guess I will just have to treat the thing like glass...maybe insure it!...yeah that is an idea...and in the instruction book it was suggested!...LOL

4. joelsz

joelsz First Sergeant

5. littlebobbie

Re: Software Dongle

Went to the site... atleast they sound American... the reason for no cost is because it varies with program you are needing the code for... if a simple program...cost is around $595... then goes up according to complexity... I fear mine would be as much as the program...and buying a new program would be a better option...in time the program itself will be lower in price and I can purchase another copy with another dongle ,then there are emulators that plug into a parallel port but they are just as pricey...as more enter this buisness the cost will come down and be more competitive..I just have to be patient... something I am not! :banghead

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds