HP deskjet F4100 won't print with Vista OS

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by blastedpc, Apr 11, 2012.

1. blastedpc

blastedpc Private E-2

I recently re-installed Vista on my home desktop and used the installation disk that came with my HP deskjet to configure it. Prior to the re-install of Vista, I was able to print without any issue. Now, however, whenever I send a print job, it just stays in the queue. I haven't tried to install updated drivers because I believe I may have don't that when I configured the deskjet after the re-install of Vista. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

First, what specific model of the F4100 do you have? There are about six different ones. Also, are you running Vista 32bit, or Vista 64bit? Do you have the latest Service Pack and updates installed for Vista? Did you download the latest drivers from HP.com, which was 2009 when the Software was last updated? Also, how is this printer connected to said machine? Is it shared off of another computer, or directly connected via USB?

As for the Print Que, you can kill the process and that should purge the que, if it doesn't, you have to go in and manually remove the file that is the document you sent to the printer. Also look at the following info http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946737 You do not have to reinstall Vista, just because a document stuck in the que.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds