Marcomedia / Director player error

Discussion in 'Software' started by AliWiseman, Aug 6, 2008.

1. AliWiseman

AliWiseman Private First Class

Hi there..

I've been using the rosetta stone for about a year now quite happily all has been well, until now.

When i try to start up the rosetta stone all goes well up untill i try and access one of the lessons. the lessons are stored on a disk, the disk is recognised as having those lessons, their names appear, but when i select one, i wind up with a period of not responding time, then an error message reading "Object expected, script error... continue? " and futher on another error which i cannot recall the exact info on except that the title bar of the window reads "Macromedia projector".

I've not added nor taken away anything from the pc, save for installing some software for my new lg viewty phone which shouldn't conflict with anything.

Am on xp, have reinstalled both shockwave and the adobe flash players but to no joy.

Any help please?

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

3. AliWiseman

AliWiseman Private First Class

curiously i've solved the problem by creating a virtual drive of the language disk.. and it runs from there.. very odd.. but effective!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds