Compatible memory just wont work. Why?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rik_na, Sep 11, 2007.

1. rik_na

rik_na Sergeant

i have an MSI PM8PM-V mobo with 3.2 GHZ celeron D, SATA drive, Radeon X1650PRO [HIS] etc. Now I have followed crucials advice and bought 2 1GB DDR2 533MHz / PC2- 4200 Unbuffered Non ECC RAM modules for this mobo, and it gets to the first BIOS screen and freezes. I cant think why or what to do about it. I have tried the modules seperately and nothing. i have tried another stick of the same, nothing. These are the recommened sticks for the board, CT12864AA53E, and nothing. If I put in the half gig sticks then everything is fine.

Is Crucial just wrong, or have i done something wrong, in which case what?

2. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

Well from my search you have the wrong ram, from Cruicals site.

1 gig stick,--pc 4200--ct2kit6464aa53e speed 533

1 gig stick--pc 5300--bl2it6464al663 speed 667

This came from MSI link to Crucials site. ed

ed

3. rik_na

rik_na Sergeant

4. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

The 128x64 would bring up questions, you will notice the ones that MSI suggests is 64x64.. ed

5. rik_na

rik_na Sergeant

hmm good point. now what I need are the 1gb versions of these.

6. rik_na

rik_na Sergeant

The problem remains that ct2kit6464aa53e is a kit of 2 512mb sticks. I need 2 1gb sticks and I cannot find a 64x64 1gb stick that is gonna work with a PM8PM-V, so I gotta ask a really dumb question which is why cant I use a 128x64 stick?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds