wireless help please.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mr_peebly, Feb 23, 2007.

1. mr_peebly

mr_peebly Private E-2

Hi all,
    I need a little help here, i have an 21" monitor an amd base unit 512 meg and 120gb hd,running windows xp pro sp2 fully updated.

I have the Smart AX MT882 router/modem conected to it all working fine, my problem is when i try to go online with my toshiba m70 laptop, i dont get a connection, it says no betwork found, even if i do a new search.

Anyone know how to get a connection, from my laptop via the wireless, to the Smart AX MT882 router/modem ? any help would be great.

Thank you all............:cool

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Sadly, from reading the summary of tech specs of that modem router you cannot connect wirelessly, its not a wireless router/modem as it doesnt have 802.11x functionality.

Its ethernet/usb only and only also has one ethernet port for one PC only.

3. mr_peebly

mr_peebly Private E-2

Hi Halo,

Firstly thanks for the reply,
    Secondly i have a kcorp lifestyle wireless gateway router model KLS-575, and wanted to know is it possible to run my modem/router through this router, to get the wireless connection i require.
    If so any idea on how to connect them pleaseas i have never used one before, so rather new to this, any help would be good.
    Thank you........:major

4. pa1ndru1d

pa1ndru1d Private E-2

Hiya peebly...

basically, you put the router in line between the modem and your pc. ethernet cable from the modem goes (instead of to your pc) to the WAN port on the wireless router, then you connect from one of the LAN ports to your pc nic card.

if all goes smoothly, your laptop should pic up the network signal from the router.

if things don't go so smoothly, i refer you here:http://www.kcorplifestyle.com/products/silverSeries/KLS-575/KLS-575 Router Manual.pdf

the manual for your router ;) gl

5. pa1ndru1d

pa1ndru1d Private E-2

on second thought, you should read the destructions first...

and when you set up your router, be sure to activate the WEP encryption so your neighbors don't steal your bandwidth...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds