CCleaner

Discussion in 'Software' started by The Dabola, Jul 5, 2007.

1. The Dabola

The Dabola Private E-2

Does anyone know what the default settings are?
    In the Malware removal section, instructions were to have CCleaner set up as the default settings..

but the instructions also mentioned that CCleaner must be only from the Windows tab, and I believe default settings checks off everything from the Applications tab as well.

So what is the recommended parts to check off?

thanks, Id like to know which ones I should check off in accordance to when instructions in malware removal tell you to use ccleaner. thanks

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Yep default settings are the ones from when you first install CCleaner, install and dont change any settings.

Just dont enable any of the Advanced ones.

3. The Dabola

The Dabola Private E-2

Alright, thanks

4. abri

abri MajorGeek

Dabola,
    I had trouble with this part of the Malware instructions too, I think because it was too obvious for my paranoid sense of using a new tool. When you double click on CCleaner to run it, if you haven't changed anything after you installed it, the CCleaner window opens up with two tabs under the words Cleaner Settings: one is the Windows tab which has lots of things checked and Applications is the one behind it. If you do nothing at all but hit run and then okay, it will do what the Malware section means for you to do.
    abri

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds