Revo question

Discussion in 'Software' started by Greyhound, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Greyhound

Greyhound Sergeant

Some programs that I have installed, do not show up to uninstall In Revo so I have to go to Windows uninstall. Why is that, and if that is so, how good (really) is Revo?

2. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

Re: Revo

This is a pretty old thread Greyhound, though I think your question is still relevant as I've had that experience too. Hunter mode is supposed to resolve the issue of installed programs not being listed in Revo though I haven't had any success with it myself. If it's possible it's often best to reinstall the unwanted program 'over the top' and then see if Revo or Add/Remove can see it. CCleaner also has an uninstaller but I haven't tried it at all as I suspect it just uses the same approach as Add/Remove.

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Re: Revo

This from the Revo Uninstaller site:
    I use the free version so it does not have the Forced Uninstall.

I'd suggest if you can't find the program listed, look in CCleaner to see if they appear there.
    Open CCleaner, then click Tools and one of the buttons is Uninstall.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Add/remove is best to use if you can, as almost if not all of these uninstallers use the apps uninstaller anyway to start the uninstall process, Revo goes a little bit deeper (if it knows the application) in that it will clean the registry as well, mainly a good option as many uninstallers are poorly written and do not clean up the whole applications files.

5. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

I suspect that Revo cannot uninstall programs that have not modified rhe Registry, for some reason.

That has been my experience though I am not at home, now, to retest that theory. I could be wrong, and probably am. :-D

Bazza

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds