Program Wont Open

Discussion in 'Software' started by MKorostoff, May 2, 2004.

1. MKorostoff

MKorostoff Private First Class

Hey, I'm an AOL user. Recently, i noticed that i would open AOL, it would sigh on, and then immediately exit. No "good-bye," as if it had been end-tasked. A few days after that, i found the same to be true of IE. The computer became completely unusable. I did a system restore and proceded to find a tech forum that could help me out (turns out there was a lot of adware clogging me up, i installed adaware, spybot, cwshredder, hijackthis, spywareblaster and IE-SPYAD, took care of most everything it seems). I did what they said and it worked. Now the same thing is happening again. AOL is opening and then immediately closing again. Anyone know what to do?

EDIT: Ok, ammend that. The same now applies to AIM, and a few other programs (seemingly all somewhat internet related, though i havent checked every program and i did encounter similar trouble with spybot and ad-aware). It looks like I'm headed towards the same problem. For a while i was getting the error message:
    "Error loading C:\WINDOWS\System32\bridge.dll
    The specified module could not be found"
    But it looked like Hijackthis took care of it. What's the deal?

EDIT #2: Now i've recieved this error message when opening AOL (just before it closes):

!!QTInitAsyncMasterWindow!!: waol.exe - Bad Image
    The application or DLL C:\WINDOWS\System32\Quicktime.qts is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your intallation diskette.

EDIT #3: Now im getting this error message for IE:

dw.exe - Application Error
    The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000012d). Click on OK to terminate the application.

Last edited: May 2, 2004
  2. jujet84

jujet84 Master Sergeant

AOL from hell I wouldn't even attempt to start,I'm not being sarcastic but anyone in this forum will tell you to drop it reformat and reinstall your OS.

3. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

what version of AOL are you using. What operating system are you using?

The typical thing would be to update to the latest version of AOL if you're not up to date.
    Otherwise you may have to uninstall and reinstall AOL.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds