Windows Error 1706

Discussion in 'Software' started by blinnk281, Nov 15, 2004.

1. blinnk281

blinnk281 Private E-2

Hey guys and girls,

Having a little problem here. I ran my antivirus and now everytime I go to open IE, Windows Installer pops up asking for the Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage Disk.

It's looking for Proplus.

Now the problem! A little computer friend of mine put Windows and Office XP in my computer and didnt make me a copy of the cd and now he lives in DC.

Does anyone know how I can stop this window from popping up? or find the file on the web? It's obviously not being used because IE opens and works find. Its just everytime I open IE, AIM, etc. this darn thing pops up.

Any simple solutions? I tried installing the IE SP2 again thinking it was that, but no luck.

Thanks,
    Blinnk

2. krazykrl

krazykrl Sergeant Major

Have you tried reinstalling just IE, not 'service pack2', which I assume you meant. You can download it from the MS site.

Other option is to Google the file you need, but likely it does not tell you.

Other option is to ask your friend for the CD!

3. Sgtmackenzie

Sgtmackenzie Private E-2

I don't think this would be related to IE at all. Everything I've seen on this error so far suggests that the install disc would be needed to resolve the error message.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297834

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds