Devices with removable storage

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Henri, Nov 7, 2008.

1. Henri

Henri Private E-2

Hi

My system is Vista Home Edition SP1

Recently experiencing a problem in that my SD Card is not being recognized when it is inserted.
    The only two devices with removable storage shown are dvd/cd-rw drive and dvd rw drive.
    Also being recognized when inserted is my usb memory stick.

Is any able to advice how to correct this problem. Previously other removable storage devices used to be shown.

Any further details requested will be supplied on request

Henri

2. comperroruter

comperroruter Darth Meatloaf

Try formatting the card. You will lose all of the information on the card but it should fix the problem. If it does not your card is probably shot. Hope this helps.

3. Henri

Henri Private E-2

Hi

Your response appreciated but unfortunately what you suggested does not appear to be the cause. The reason for saying so is this morning upon powering on PC all my drives as shown in attachment were present.

Whatever the cause for them not appearing has taken place before, hence that was the reason for posting a thread. If this does happen again, it will have to be investigated thoroughly because when such abnormalities does take place there is obviously a reason.
    Is it possible that something is amiss in the registry???

Henri

Attached Files:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds