mcafee livesafe causing network problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by mancshell77, Sep 26, 2015.

1. mancshell77

mancshell77 Private E-2

i purchased mcafee livesafe from the site and downloaded the software, the minute i installed it i started to have a problem, my computer network dissconnected and i could no longer connect to any browser, and my network turned to local only, but i am still able to connect wirelessly to my phone tablet and my son can still connect xboxlive, its just on the pc desktop i am having this problem, i have tried everything possible, nothing is being blocked by the firewall, when i restart the pc my connection comes on, then something will knock it off again, i know its the antivirus causing it, because this is the 2nd time ive installed the softwareand its happened both times, i am at my wits end trying to figure out what this is, i am worried about uninstalling the software because i wont have another software to keep me protected while i try to fix the problem, so i dont know what else to do, ill appreciate any help :cry

2. Nick T

Nick T MajorGeek

3. mancshell77

mancshell77 Private E-2

i have been in touch with them and had to go on the go assist which is where they get into your pc, they changed the settings back to default but i am not sure whether it has helped or not, all i can do is wait and see if my connection drops again, they told me to call sky my ISP if it still happens, i just hope its resolved because everywhere i read, people who have this similar problem don't know how to resolve it either, thanks for the link, i could not open the link you posted by the way, i don't know if that's because of my side :confused

4. Nick T

Nick T MajorGeek

For some reason the link stopped working on my side too. I hope everything works out for you. Good luck.

5. plastidust

plastidust Command Sergeant Major

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds