Missing Outlook .DLL & Word Clipart Missing

Discussion in 'Software' started by babynyc, Mar 19, 2005.

1. babynyc

babynyc Private E-2

Two Microsoft XP Professional Problems.

I. Get this error message every time I open Outlook-

The procedure entry point GetTextExtentPointI could not be located in the dynamic link library MSDART.DLL.​

II. Using Word, when I enter the commands "Insert -> Picture -> Clip Art -> Search", this error message appears-

Clip Organizer cannot complete the operation.

The specified procedure could not be found.
    Error Code 0x8007007F​

I have removed and reinstalled the entire Office package twice, hoping to resolve these problems. I also punched up the "change" button on the Add/Remove Programs and tried to detect and repair errors in my installation.

All to no avail.

2. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

3. babynyc

babynyc Private E-2

Steve,

Terrific answer! After some finageling (sp?), your answer saved the day.

I'd already tried Option A with no success (using the control panel to "change" (repair) MS Office in the Add/Remove Program feature), so I skipped right past this solution.

I got really worried, though, when I started loading the MDAC & Jet4 service pack executables. When I began to run each one, the processes were immediately halted because "All of the features are currently part of Windows" [on this pc]. I traced the problem to SERVICE PACK 2. I removed the service pack, reloaded the MDAC and Jet4 packs, and everything has been resolved.

Thanks again. Mary

ps-- How on earth did you find the resolution page on the Microsoft website? I spent a good deal of time searching TechNet and so forth, but was not directed to anything when I entered the error message verbatim, the error code, etc.

4. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Sounds like you did most of the work and troubleshooting, glad you got it sorted out. Good job. :)

Steve

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds