What makes Windows Explorer start in Start Menu?

Discussion in 'Software' started by pcgeezer, Mar 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pcgeezer

pcgeezer Private E-2

I have been trying to find this tweak for Explorer as long as I can remember. I wish I could control the folder view I see each time Explorer opens. I always have to close a couple folders and drives to fit the resources I want to see on my screen. Does anyone know if this view can be pre-determined and controlled by me?

Presently, I would like to do this using Win-XP Pro.

Thanks

2. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

Hi and welcome to MajorGeeks.

It's early morning here, but I really don't understand what you are asking?

3. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

4. pcgeezer

pcgeezer Private E-2

I'm getting warmer. Insomniac, thanks for responding, what I was asking is how to "Change the Windows Explorer Default Startup Folder". The references that Adrynalyne gave me did just that from the start-all programs-accessories menu. But...

I always start explorer by right-clicking Start and selecting explore. The documentation doesn't cover that. Now I think (one of) my problem(s) is that I don't know how to edit the commands that are listed when you right-click start. Can you help me there?

Thanks

5. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

Why don't you put a Windows Explorer shortcut to your Quick Launch menu?

You can have it open on any folder you wish, and it only takes one click.

Once you have the shorcut, simply just right-click it, then properties, and edit the Target and Start In.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds